Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How Vested Are They Really In Their Own Business

Business, Network Marketing.

Buying people into your mlm business - have you even considered fronting the money to get someone signed up in your business? I highly encourage you to resist this temptation and build a solid business with likeminded business partners.


Or giving them a bunch of freebies to entice them to get started? - recently, an email landed in my box from a prospect that i had interacted with for the last 6 months or so. She did. I sent out my monthly business update to my possibility thinkers through my auto responder and invited them to take a second look and contact me. Seems two months ago she signed up with someone else and now she wants moved under me because she" never can get her sponsor to return her calls or emails. " I wrote her back and explained our company policy and then asked - "If you don' t mind sharing, we had a lot of previous correspondence. She was running" specials" at the time and giving away free product and so I joined with her.


Why did you sign up with someone else? ' Here was her answer - "She is in the same time zone as me, but a lot of good that is doing me. - now, i hear nothing and get no support. The first is to let you know that you do not NEED to" incentivize" or" buy people in" by giving away free stuff for signing up. I still hear from you all of the time. " My point in sharing this with you is two - fold. This is the 3rd email of this type I have received over the last few months from prospects who wanted a" deal" to get in, joined with someone else and now have buyer' s remorse. Not in a free box of products, some re - produced e - book, a snazzy system, a website guaranteed to work or some other gimmick to get people in. The" deal" to get in should be in the value of the partnership, coaching and training.


While you may sign people up, very often these people don' t do much as their incentive was in the freebie and they are often unable to duplicate this same offer with others. - will you need to pay their long distance bill for conference calls? Will you need to buy their ticket to your company convention? How vested are they really in their own business? It' s a flawed system. Who is more vested - you or them? When people ask me if I" give away" anything when they sign up, I boldly tell them - YES.


That' s why I was named the company' s top recruiter for three years. - i give away my coaching, and having spent, training and support over 14 years designing it, it' s working pretty well. Distributor or the year and received the Leadership award 2 years in a row. I am very nice about it and am not being cocky or arrogant in the least. And, I explain why I believe that it is not in anyone' s best interest to use this type of incentive. There is value in the partnership.


First, be confident and belief in the value in a partnership with you. - here are some ideas for avoiding this in your own business. Know that buying people in does not create long term business success for anyone. Remember that people want to know what is in it for them. Determine what your statement of value is going to be. Be sure to let them know what they can expect in a partnership with you. Under promise and over deliver.


Tell them what to expect from you immediately after and over the next few weeks once they get signed up in the business. - honor your commitments. Sell the value in your training, coaching and support. Sell the value in the TEAM. Sell the value in your experience. That is where the team is invaluable.


If you are new, that' s okay. - if someone asks you about what you will" give them" to sign up, be confident in your answer. I don' t need a new sign up that badly and neither do you! Don' t fall victim to a welfare mentality. Keep in touch with your prospects. Being a good sponsor helps set a high standard for our industry!


Make sure they are in your auto responder or some type of database so you can check in from time to time with updates and to let them know that you are still in business. - be that high standard!

No comments: